Saturday, October 8, 2011

A moment to melt

Take a moment and treat yourself to these delicious buttery biscuits. I don't bake biscuits often, but these delightful treats are just that, delightful. I made the below batch for my  husband's family recently when they all popped over for a Sunday afternoon cuppa - the biscuits didn't last long.

What I love about these biscuits is that they just melt in your mouth - I guess whoever named them melting moments was pretty spot on. I've made these before using custard powder (I think they're also referred to as Yo-Yo Biscuits), but as I LOVE custard, I got a tad disappointed that I couldn't taste custard in the biscuits. The below recipe works just as well and avoids any unneeded custard disappointment.



Passionfruit Melting Moments
(Taken from taste.com.au)

Biscuit
125g butter, softened
115g plain flour
45g pure icing sugar
50g cornflour
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind

Passionfruit filling
60g butter, softened
150g pure icing sugar
1 passionfruit
2 tsp lemon juice

Preheat oven to 160°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Beat the butter using an electric beater until pale and creamy. Add flour, icing sugar, cornflour and lemon rind and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.

Hand-roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on lined tray, about 3cm apart. Use a fork dusted with cornflour to gently flatten to 2cm diameter. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Set aside on the tray to cool.

To make the filling, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until pale and creamy. Add the icing sugar, passionfruit pulp and lemon juice and beat until well combined.

Using a teaspoon or pipping bag, coat the flat side of one of the biscuits and gently press another biscuit (flat side down). Repeat with remaining biscuits and filling.






No comments:

Post a Comment