Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bourke Street Bakery tart


I LOVE BOURKE STREET BAKERY! Every time we go to Sydney, I always make a trip to the bakery and sample something new. If I hear anyone is going to Sydney, even for the day, I tell them to try and get to Surrey Hills and experience the joys of this little bakery.


I love the feel of the bakery. Even though it's small and always has lines wrapping around the corner, it is heaven. For my birthday this year I requested gift vouchers, which lead me to finally buying the Bourke Street Bakery cookbook. After scrolling through the 369 pages, I decided the first thing I must make was the chocolate mousse tarts - pause for drool!


I have always loved mousse. The texture, the richness, the flavour. It has to be one of my favourite desserts. We didn't have it much growing up, but would very rarely get to indulge as a special treat. This just escalates my love of mousse, making it a special treat.

I don't think I can share the BSB recipe, but here are some links to similar recipes you can try.

Start with the shortcrust pastry shells. Then spoon in some raspberry jam. Finally, pipe in the chocolate mousse. Then leave to set more in the fridge.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy...yum yum yum....I think I know where I'm headed this weekend!

    ReplyDelete