Saturday, April 27, 2013

Muffins in exchange for cuddles

I belive it's important to bring something to share when going visiting. It might not be shared while you're over, but the gesture is there and it makes you feel like a good guest. When I don't have time to bake, I always stop by a bakery. More often than not though, I'm disappointed with what I buy. The taste is either boring or it isn't fresh enough. So, I generally try to make something myself, which gives me the feeling that my gift is more genuine. 

Today I am meeting my Manager's baby for the first time. We through her a Baby Shower recently and I got to bake super sweet and decadent treats. However, now I need to take breatfeeding and windy babies into consideration and I've scaled my baking back. Today I've made her White Chocolate and Coconut Muffins. Coming into Autumn with the air cool and crisp, the lovely warmness of these fresh muffins with a light sweetness to them is not just comforting, but feels perfect for a first baby meeting.  


White Chocolate and Coconut Muffins
Adapted from Taste.com.au
300g self-raising flour
155g caster sugar
75g shredded coconut
125g butter, melted
125ml buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly whisked

70g white chocolate, shaved or broken into small pieces
Honey

Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 6 large muffin pans with paper cases or baking paper.

Combine the flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl. Add the butter, buttermilk and egg, and stir until combined. Stir in the white chocolate.

Spoon the mixture into the the prepared cases. Drizzle the tops if each muffin with honey. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the pans for 15 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Eat warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment