Wednesday, March 7, 2012

No bake baking

I saw a recipe online about a month ago and have been waiting for my chance to make it. My baking motivation has been a little low over the past month, but last weekend my brother and his lovely girlfriend came over for dinner so I dusted off my mixing beaters and got back into the kitchen.  

This recipe comes from My Baking Addiction. The first thing that caught my attention was the use of Nutella. I've seen so many Nutella recipes lately, but this one was too hard to pass. Also, it was a cheesecake - no challenge.

So here it is. I recommend you try it. It was silky smooth and beautifully rich. I could only manage to eat half of mine, an absolute shocker for me, but it was amazing. 

No Bake Nutella Cheesecake

1 packet Oreo Cookies
3 tbs unsalted butter, melted
250g package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup Nutella
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250mL thicken cream
 
Crush 3/4 of the packet of Oreo cookies, then in a bowl, stir together the cookies and melted butter. In your serving glasses, press down some cookie mix. Set aside.

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks forms. Fold in the cream until well blended and no streaks remain.

Using a piping bag, fill into individual serving glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

If desired (and yes it is desired), garnish with extra whipped cream and crushed cookies. Serve and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment