Thursday, November 3, 2011

Some impromptu baking

This morning I was running around the house, trying to get my son ready for day care and myself ready for work. I was half way through making his lunch when I realised I had no afternoon tea for him. I grabbed an armful of ingredients from the cupboard and whipped up some chocolate cookies. I didn't have enough chocolate for the cookies, so I used some left over freddos from our trick-or-treating stock, so these biscuits are a mix of dark and milk chocolate. I am yet to actual taste them, as was in such a hurry that I forgot to pack myself a biscuit, but I am looking forward to crunching on one (some) tonight. Fresh from the oven, they looked the perfect combination of chewy and crunchy.

ENJOY



On the run cookies
125g chocolate
125g butter
1cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cup self raising flour

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a saucepan over the stove. When melted set aside and in a clean bowl, mix the brown sugar and egg together with a wooden spoon. Make sure there are no lumps. Pour the chocolate mix into the sugar mix and stir. Add the self raising flour and stir until combined. If you have time, leave the mix in the fridge for 20 minutes. Line a tray with baking paper and using a teaspoon, spoon the dough on to the sheet. Put in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment